Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something New!

A friend of mine is a surgical tech at a hospital here and she (and her co-workers) has had the paper "shower cap" style hats made with cloth that they have worn in the past, but have not been able to find any recently. So I have been asked to make some! I tore a couple of old ones apart and made a couple! The cloth ones I have made are unique because they said you can usually only buy them in teddy bear prints, or solid colors, so I have made some fun ones for the girls and want to make some more fashionable ones for them. Needless to say my friend is pretty excited about them.


When my mother came in to town last week we went to Denver Fabrics, she found some material she LOVES. She loves her Chico's pants (the spandex/acetate fabric) but she can never find them in anything but black. At Denver Fabrics they have every color under the sun in this fabric. This is the first time I have ever worked with this material and I have loved making pants out of it! However, it does not iron well and will be difficult to make a Jacket/ shirt out of it when the time comes! She bought a TON of fabric to keep me busy for the next few months! I will post pictures as I get them done!

So this is a little dress I made for Scarlet about 2 months ago. It is a bubble skirt or you can make it without the bubble. I have made it both ways and it is just adorable. She can wear a long sleeve shirt under it now that it is winter...so it can work for any season!
I don't know why I did not tie the ribbon in a bow, but of course it makes a pretty bow in the back!














Right now I am working on one more interesting project...a friend of mine is having a Masquerade party for her birthday and she found a wonderful dress but felt like it was just a little too plain. So we decided it would be fun to give it a jagged (Tinkerbell) style hem. The dress is silk so it is proving to be a challenge but will be absolutely adorable!

There will be a lot of pictures in my future post as I get all these projects done, and I am starting my easter dress collection soon. Let me know if you have a princess in need of a beautiful, one-of-a-kind Easter dress!

God Bless and have a great day!
Angie

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home