Saturday, June 28, 2008

Plan for the upcoming Holiday!


I have started my business now and I am in full swing of dead-lines and a line-up of things to do! It is awesome, but wait...4th of July is coming up and my little girl can't just wear a store bought outfit!
I was in Hancocks the other day and had a thought for what I think is a really cute outfit. So with a week to go for the 4th of July I put together the outfit and emailed all my friends! I now know that will be one of the challenges with marketing my items. Thinking ahead! Anyone who knows me knows I am more of a spur of the moment type person and planning for upcoming events is not my strong point!
So I started brain-storming on things I can do to keep me ready for the next big thing!
First, I have entered all the major Holidays in my Outlook calendar on the computer (which is always open) and gave them all a Three Month reminder. This will keep me on que!
Second, as I was walking around Hancocks looking for the right material for my last minute 4th of July outfit, I realized they are the best reminder! They have a whole marketing team reminding you to get an early start on Holiday goodies! They even have Christmas stuff (probably all year around!)
Third, I simply made a commitment to myself, I have to start thinking like a business if that is what I want to be!
It is hard to plan when you have 2 kids, a husband, a dog, a house to clean, and any life outside the house! So as someone starting out it can be challenging but the best advise I would give is to set up the calendar and look at it every day or week to get your thoughts straight!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home