Sunday, June 22, 2008

I lost weight but I LOVE THESE PANTS! What do I do?

My husband and I have been getting in to shape and loosing some inches around the waist. With the cost of living up, who can afford to buy a whole new wardrobe when you still have weight to lose. We can't look sloppy at work and so he has asked me if I can make the waist and hips smaller on his pants.
I thought this would be such a challenge when I first thought about it, waistbands are a pretty important part of the pant and I have very little expierience with them.
But I am confident in my ability to figure things out and sew on!
What I have decided to do is take the waist band off on the left and right side (not all the way, just enough to take in what is needed) and to sew them the appropriate amount that way! This will prevent the pants from fitting crooked or having any offset to them. The challenge here to me will be having them sit right with the rest of the pants!
Second I will have him put them on inside out and pin the amount he wants taken off the side and I will stich them the appropriate amount. The thing I am worried about here is the pocket and how it will need to be altered! Dang pockets!! :)
I have yet to do a pair so I will let you know how it works out!
Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home