Thursday, April 30, 2009

Taking a Break!

The fashion show went well! After all the stress of preparing, I decided to take a week off of sewing...yea right! Since what I do to relieve stress is sew, that was a confusing day or so! :) lol

Although I actually have not finished anything since the fashion show, I have been working on a few things! I realized I have not posted all the stuff I showcased! So this blog entry is just to catch up on a few things!

I truly love sewing totes. It really is a lot of fun!

This tote is similar
to the flower and
polka dot one I did,
but it is taller and
more narrow and
the opening is a
little bigger.





This tote is way too cute! you take the long handle and slip it through the short handle and carry it by the long handle! It is obviously a little smaller than the other 2, but is super cute!


This is a half apron! I think it is so cute! I had this material given to me and I was clueless as to what to do with it until I thought of making an apron. The black gives it such an awesome "edgy" look to it! I am so glad I did not have any of the other colors that matched it just sitting around. Although, White might look really good too! I unfortunately only have enough material for one more of these...maybe I will make it with white!




I had a friend of mine try on the full apron, so here is a picture of it! I posted this in my last post, but not when it was actually on someone! It was a weird picture in other words!
OK, so here are a few of the things I made for myself. I never posted them and I said I would. I have had a lot of people ask me why I never posted them. I plainly just forgot! Sorry!




This is the same pattern
as the polka dot shirt from
an earlier post, but I did this
one two-tone.









This shirt hangs funny
on a hanger, but looks
pretty cute on.
Of course Polka dot, my favorite!







This is a really cute shirt but
the interfacing I used on the
black collar is too stiff, of course
now I know next time not to use
an interfacing with any stiffness
what-so-ever!






Again with the two-tone shirt
This one turned out a little
more on the dressy side. It
actually would be a perfect
business casual. The Gray top
is a little bit shimmery grey.
I get A LOT of compliments
on this one!


So that is all for now! Next post will be some new stuff I am working on right now.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home